Advice on asbestos sampling and shipping for private customers and corporate clients
SHIPPING ADDRESS AND BANK DETAILS
IBAN: DE37 2626 1693 0339 2341 00
SMALL SAMPLE QUANTITIES!
For the analysis of samples for asbestos only very small quantities of representative material are necessary:
- a sample of 1 x 1 cm size for material samples
- the content of a thimble in dust samples
are more than sufficient.
Please do not send us unnecessarily large samples!
To take a dust sample, press an approx. 10 cm long tape strip into the dust to be tested and then glue the strip onto a smooth surface (e.g. a transparent cover). Alternatively, fold the strip in the middle so that the adhesive surfaces adhere to each other.
Analysis of material samples for asbestos and/or artificial mineral fibres (€ 62/sample plus VAT)
- For testing we need a small but representative piece, about the size of a coin. You can take the sample yourself but please avoid dust formation by dampening the relevant area of the sample with water.
- Place the sample(s) into a sample bag with clip closure, a freezer bag or a film can and dispatch it in a Jiffy bag or another kind of protective bag.
- Include an informal letter with your address and an additional note “analysis for asbestos”.
- We will be glad to previously send a PDF file of the documents. In this case, please state your mailing address.
Analysis of dust samples for asbestos and/or man-made mineral fibres (€ 85/ sample plus VAT)
- If you take a sample of a larger quantity of dust please avoid stirring it up. Place the sample into an air-proof sample bag with clip closure, a freezer bag or a film can and dispatch it in a Jiffy bag or another kind of protective bag.
- To collect a dust sample, press a 10 cm long strip of sticky tape into the dust and then glue the strip onto a smooth surface (for example a transparent folder). Alternatively, fold the strip in the middle so that the adhesive surfaces stick to each other.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION!
Please make sure that dust is not generated unnecessarily during sampling. Avoid sawing, drilling and grinding in any case! If necessary, spray the area with water to bind fibres and absorb any dust with a wet paper towel.
For floor slabs and tiles, please bear in mind that the slab and adhesive each represent a separate analysis.
LABELING AND SHIPPING
Please pack the sample(s) taken in this way in a small bag or film container and label each sample individually with a unique short sample designation, identical to that which you stated in the order form on the homepage, and send the samples to us in a padded envelope. You can now send the samples with a delivery service of your choice.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We do not send any confirmations of receipt. You can use the so-called tracking services of the delivery service to track your shipment. If you would like to document the delivery, we recommend that you send it by post.