Increasing demand for analyses: CRB extends its capacity with a third Scanning Electron Microscope
In order to meet this growing demand of analyses and to guarantee a reliable and fail-safe operation we have just acquired a 3rd Scanning Electron Microscope – SEM - a FEI Quanta 650.
This step has also become necessary with regard to the new edition of VDI standard 3866, part 5:2017-06.
In spite of increasing sample numbers our customers can still rely on our short turn-around times and analyses carried out with the utmost precision.
The instrument is equipped with
- a 5 axis (X,Y,Z, tilt, rotation) motorized stage
- three secondary electron detectors (ETD, LF-GSED, GSED)
- three vacuum modes
- high vacuum (< 6x10-4 Pa)
- low vacuum (10-130 Pa) for unprepared, non-conductive samples
- ESEM mode (10-2600 Pa)
- an EDX system by Thermo Fischer Scientific